Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Workshop
With Kristen Boccumini, E-RYT500
When: Sunday July 28th, 1:00 – 3:30pm
Cost: $40 ($36 for Yoga Lab Members)
Childbirth affects a woman’s body in incredible and unexpected ways. When it comes to the experience of pregnancy, labor and birth, and postpartum recovery, functional movement plays a huge role in creating and sustaining a balanced body as it goes through these stages of change. Learn how specific movements through functional yoga can help support and promote a healthy pregnancy, labor and birth, and how to use yoga during the postpartum period bring your body into alignment again and recover strength. This fun, nourishing, and supporting workshop will include a lecture/discussion and a prenatal and postnatal specific yoga class. This workshop is open to all, whether pregnant or not recently or years ago, and teachers interested in learning more.
We’ll answer questions such as:
– How does posture and daily movement affect the pre/postnatal body and why is that important?
– What role can yoga play in relaxation for pregnancy, labor/birth, and postpartum recovery?
– How can I strengthen or reconnect to my pelvic floor and core?
– What movements and exercises are beneficial, but also what should be avoided during pregnancy, especially with differences between trimesters, and postpartum and why?
– How can I use yoga to help me prepare for labor and birth, and afterward in parenting and supporting a baby, physically, mentally, and emotionally?
– How can I modify my yoga and movement if I have a complication?
– What movements can possibly help with common ailments in pregnancy, like sacroiliac joint pain, shoulder and neck tightness, pelvic pressure, low back pain, and more?
– And bring more questions!!
Kristen Boccumini ERYT500 YACEP is certified in pre/postnatal yoga from the Prenatal Yoga Center in New York City with 3 little ones of her own.
This workshop qualifies for Yoga Alliance CEU credits.